Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tilapia and sauce

That is what my kids called it.  I thought it was a very observant description.....yes, my children were born brilliant!

Here is how I got my children to like Tilapia.  I tried fish tacos...nope.  I tried fried....nope.  This was my final attempt.  I was surprised how much even my husband liked it.

Recipe:
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. fresh garlic
1 lb. Tilipai fillets
Salt & fresh ground Pepper (that part is important.  I mean who doesn't freshly grind their pepper?!.....)
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp. capers
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon, juiced

Heat the pan, add the garlic, and quicly add the fish and season with salt and your freshly ground pepper.  Cook 90 seconds.  Turn fish and season and cook another 90 seconds.  Add mushrooms, capers, & wine.  Cover, reduce heat & simmer until fish flakes and sauce is reduced by 1/2.  At lemon and cook 1 minute.  Serve.

My kids request this every week.  Maybe your will like it too. Sorry about the lack of pictures...my camera died.  

No comments:

Post a Comment