Friday, July 20, 2012

Pesto

Let's start with an easy one.  Pesto.  Green, yummy, creamy, delicious pesto.  I love the stuff!  I use it for all kinds of yummy things.  Slather it on French bread, over pasta, in place of mayo or with a sandwich!  It's great stuff!  Here's the recipe:

2 cups packed fresh Basil
2 small cloves Garlic
4 Tbsp Pine Nuts
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
salt & pepper to taste
Throw it all in a food processor or in my case a really great blender and drizzle in the Olive Oil.  Refrigerate and enjoy for days....if it lasts that long.  I found this picture on pinterest because my camera isn't working.  This is what it should look like. 

Homemade Basil Pesto

2 comments:

  1. I saw that picture and thought, "Wow! Heather is getting super fancy. Look at her photography skills." Then I read how you got it off pinterest. But you did apply great skills in copying and pasting. :) I am excited about your food blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey! You made me laugh! I am a photographers daughter and grandaughter but my camera always seems to need repairs when I need it most....hopefully I can get it fixed permanantly! :-) I'm excited about it too, even if it's just for me to keep my most favorite recipes...it's a great outlet/hobby for me as well! I'll still be posting things on our family blog as well though... :-)

    ReplyDelete